Monday, June 19, 2006

6/19/06 9:35:18 PM

I just finished taking part in the June Word Count Marathon, Take 2, at the Forward Motion for Writers community. I signed up with it because I've been feeling static since last summer, when our lives were turned upside down and we were forced from our home. I can't get used to our apartment--it's too small, the computer is too close to the TV, wherever I am in the place. It vibrates. It's not home.

I'm glad I took part in the marathon. It was difficult, but as long as I had a tight deadline, I was writing past my inner critic. The Critic has all but shut down my regular writing, but while I did the marathon, I pushed past it. Over 5,000 words in 48 hours! Not all of it was straight chapter-work, but I really needed to work on my characterization as well.

Maybe between the challenges of Forward Motion and the habit of writing here, I'll be able to continue to push past my critic. It feels good, and I'd like to keep that feeling going.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an interesting challenge. Kudos to you for trying it!

By the way, the blog is beautiful. Love the colors.